Pregnancy #2 - the road so far
For those of you who don’t get it, the title of this post is a Supernatural reference that I know will make my hubby smile:)
Oh baby Rory. Being pregnant with her had it’s challenges in the first trimester. Thankfully, I am well into the second trimester and am feeling more like myself. Im actually 3 weeks away from the third trimester! This pregnancy is flying by for real though. I feel like with Koan, I was so anxious and excited just waiting for him to get here. With Rory, I have Koan to enjoy and chase around while we patiently wait for her to make her appearance earth-side! It’s crazy that the second trimester is almost always the best for everyone though! I am definitely not complaining. It has been nice feeling like myself aside from the sleepiness and growing belly. I am enjoying this precious time with Koan while he is my only little, and I am trying to make it as special and fun for him as I can!
There are many differences in this pregnancy than when I was pregnant with Koan. There are also so many similarities! That’s why I was very confused when guessing the gender before we found out! I’'ll just list both real quick.
1. Craved PICKLES
2. Also craved anything super salty, spicy, and sour. Side note - One of my favorite things has been putting an ungodly amount of salt on grapefruits. The best.
3. Fatigue - I think most pregnant women experience this in the first trimester so this doesn’t say that much I guess. I swear I could nap all day and still get at least 8 hours of sleep at night. Still sleepy way into the second trimester as well.
4. Morning sickness - This one has similarities and differences in just this one. Long story short. I was very ill with both babies first trimester. Just in different ways
1. Nausea - This might be TMI for some, but hey, raw and real right? I vomited a lot more with Rory. Blah. I think I was just nauseas more throughout the day with Koan.
2. I definitely feel like I am carrying slightly higher with her. Might just be belly expanding quickly because it is second pregnancy, but I do see the top is rounding out a tad more.
3. I didn’t have to pee as much as quickly as I did with my first. With Koan, literally from the moment I saw a positive sign, I was going to the bathroom like 20 times a day/night. Just here recently I started having to wake up more at night, but baby girl is growing so I am happy happy happy!
All in all this pregnancy is flying by. I am trying to make time slow down and treasure the present moment as much as I possibly can. Every moment is fleeting. For all you soon to be mama’s, they are not lying when they say they grow so fast! That’s pretty much it right now. I’m sure I will start feeling more as things progress and I will be sure to keep you all updated! <3